Welcome to Frederick Community College! Thank you for applying. This application is for new students and students who have not attended FCC within the last two years (unless you were a Dual Enrollment student). Students who recently submitted an online application and students who have forgotten their ID number should contact Admissions at (301) 624-2716. Current or recent FCC students and students who want to change majors should contact the Welcome Center at (301) 846-2431 instead of completing this online application.
Applicant Name Section:
Please use your full given name - NO nicknames. This is the name that will be used on all FCC documents. For example: Polly Penelope Purple Black. First name = Polly, Middle Initial = P., Last Name = Purple Black.
General Information Section:
Your Social Security Number is required to fill out the on-line application. If you do not have a SSN or choose not to give it, you can download a paper application to fill out and submit. If you are a non-US citizen who was assigned an A number, this is not a Social Security Number and shouldn’t be entered as one.
Current Address Section:
Let us know the amount of time that you personally have lived at your address. Residency is determined at the time the application is submitted. Please note that if you have been at your current address for less than three months, your tuition (in-county, out-of-county, or out-of-state) will be calculated based on your previous address. Documentation showing the three month residency requirement must be submitted prior to the last day to add for the first session for which the student is enrolled in order to be changed for that session. Acceptable forms of proof are:
- Substantially uninterrupted physical presence, including the months when the student is not in attendance at the college, as evidenced by ownership or rental of living quarters in which the student resides. (12-month lease or mortgage)
- Payment of Maryland state and local income taxes. (MD 502 Tax Form)
- Registration to vote in Frederick County and/or the state. (Voters Registration Card)
- Registration of a motor vehicle in the state, with a local address specified, if the person owns such a vehicle. (Motor Vehicle Registration Card)
- Possession of a valid Maryland driver's license, with a local address specified, if the person is licensed anywhere to drive a motor vehicle, or a valid Maryland MVA-issued ID. (Driver's license or MVA issued ID card)
- Active duty military personnel, honorably discharged veterans, spouses and dependents who reside, are stationed, or domiciled in Maryland are exempt from the 3-month requirement and are considered in-county once proof is shown. (Military orders, letter from Education Officer, DD214 and any of the residency factors listed above).
The College’s official version of the Residency Policy & Procedures is on its website (www.frederick.edu) and may be revised annually.
Choose whether you are a United States citizen or a non-US citizen. If you are a non-US citizen holding a Permanent Resident Alien card, or, are in the U.S. on a visa, you will need to present the card or visa and proof of residency to the Admissions Office prior to the last day to add for the first session for which the student is enrolled in order to be changed for that session.
A foreign national lawfully eligible for study in the United States may be considered a resident for tuition purposes if he/she meets the domicile requirements. A foreign national lawfully admitted to the United States on a visa type with a corresponding "date-certain" authorized stay may not be considered a resident for tuition purposes. A foreign national lawfully eligible for study in the United States on certain visa types with an indeterminate authorized stay may be considered as a Maryland resident for tuition purposes, if the domicile requirements have been satisfied.