Please read these IMPORTANT APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS before filling out on-line application.

  • Only fill out application once.  Do not re-send after initial submission.
  • DO NOT fill out on-line application if you are a current FCC student (have attended any semester within the last two years).
  • DO NOT use on-line application to change your major.  It does not change your major.  Contact Welcome and Registration Center at (301) 846-2431 about how to get a Change of Major form.
  • DO NOT fill out application if you have forgotten your student ID number and want it mailed to you.  Contact Admissions at (301) 624-2716 or to learn how to get your student ID number.

Applicant Name Section:
Please use your full given name - NO nicknames.  Only fill in the Previous Name section if your name has changed.

General Information Section:
Your Social Security Number is required to fill out the on-line application.  If you do not have a SSN or choose not to give it, you can download a paper application to fill out and submit.  If you are a non-US citizen who was assigned an A number, this is not a Social Security Number and shouldn’t be entered as one.

Current Address Section:
Let us know the amount of time that you personally have lived at your address. Residency is determined at the time the application is submitted. Please note that if you state that you have been at this address for less than three months, you will be charged out-of-county or out-of-state tuition (depending on previous address) until you bring documentation proving your current address to the Admissions Office. Documentation must be submitted prior to the “last day to add” for the first session for which the student is enrolled in order to be changed for that session. Acceptable forms of proof are:

  • Substantially uninterrupted physical presence, including the months when the student is not in attendance at the college, as evidenced by ownership or rental of living quarters in which the student resides. (12-month lease or mortgage)
  • Payment of Maryland state and local income taxes. (MD 502 Tax Form)
  • Registration to vote in Frederick County and/or the state. (Voters Registration Card)
  • Registration of a motor vehicle in the state, with a local address specified, if the person owns such a vehicle. (Motor Vehicle Registration Card)
  • Possession of a valid Maryland driver’s license, with a local address specified, if the person is licensed anywhere to drive a motor vehicle, or a valid Maryland MVA-issued ID. (Driver’s License or MVA issued ID card)
  • Active military personnel, honorably discharged veterans, spouses and dependents who reside, are stationed, or domiciled in Maryland are exempt from the 3-month requirement and are considered in-county once proof is shown. (Military orders, letter from Education Officer, DD214 and any of the residency factors listed above).

Citizenship Section:
Choose whether you are a United States citizen or a non-US citizen. If you are a non-US citizen holding a Permanent Resident Alien card, or, are in the US on a visa, you will need to present the card or visa and proof of residency to the Admissions Office prior to the “last day to add” for the first session for which the student is enrolled in order to be changed for that session.

  I have read and understand the information above and am ready to fill out the online application form. .